1. If you want to apply, please submit your application online by 8 pm on May 24. Groups that submit early have a small advantage because we have more time to read their applications.
2. On June 17, by 10 pm, we’ll invite the groups that seem most promising to meet us in Bengaluru in late April. We’ll reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
3. We decide who to fund after each day of interviews.
4. If we invest in you, your group is expected to move to the Bengaluru for June–August 2018. You can of course leave afterward if you want, but it’s a good place for a startup to be.
5. After you’re accepted, we’ll immediately get to work helping you set up your company, if it isn’t already. As soon as your company exists, we’ll write a check to it for the investment. You can spend the money however you want.
6. THE GAIN doesn’t supply office space. We have space you can use if you need to, but we expect you to work out of wherever you find to live. It is no coincidence that so many successful startups have started this way; it’s the ideal setup for the initial phase.
7. During the 3 month cycle we’ll have dinners every Tuesday for all the founders. At each dinner we’ll invite an expert in some aspect of startups to speak.
8. We have regular office hours year round for startups who want to talk about what they’re building, or get advice on dealing with investors. We also have occasional events at THE GAIN.
9. During and after the 4 months we introduce startups individually to people who could help them. The founders of other THE GAIN-funded companies tend to be especially helpful.
10. About 11 weeks in, we organize an event called Demo Day at which the startups present to a carefully selected, invite-only audience.
11. THE GAIN doesn’t really end after 4 months; only the dinners do. We continue to give advice and make introductions as long as founders need—-and so does the informal network of THE GAIN-funded companies.