Start-up India Seed Fund Scheme
DPIIT has created Start-up India Seed Fund Scheme (SISFS) with an outlay of INR 945 Crore to provide financial assistance to start-ups for Proof of Concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry, and commercialization. It will support an estimated 3,600 entrepreneurs through 300 incubators in the next 4 years.
The Hon’ble Prime Minister of India announced the scheme in his Grand Plenary address of Prarambh: Start-up India International Summit on 16th January 2021. After approval of EFC and Hon’ble Finance Minister, the scheme has been notified on 21.01.2021.
The Seed Fund will be disbursed to eligible start-ups through eligible incubators across India.
- A startup, recognized by DPIIT, incorporated not more than 2 years ago at the time of application.
- The start-up must have a business idea to develop a product or a service with a market fit, viable commercialization, and scope of scaling.
- The startup should be using technology in its core product or service, or business model, or distribution model, or methodology to solve the problem being targeted.
- Preference would be given to startups creating innovative solutions in sectors such as social impact, waste management, water management, financial inclusion, education, agriculture, food processing, biotechnology, healthcare, energy, mobility, defence, space, railways, oil and gas, textiles, etc.
- Startup should not have received more than Rs 10 lakh of monetary support under any other Central or State Government scheme. This does not include prize money from competitions and grand challenges, subsidized working space, founder monthly allowance, access to labs, or access to prototyping facility.
- Shareholding by Indian promoters in the startup should be at least 51% at the time of application to the incubator for the scheme, as per Companies Act, 2013 and SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2018.
- A startup applicant can avail seed support in the form of grant and debt/convertible debentures each once as per the guidelines of the scheme.